1.05.2015

Protesting, like Kristie Powell?

How not to mention the huge buzz caused by Kristy Powell's blog One Dress Protest? It is one of those actions that make us question ourselves, that make us wonder about the true purpose of life, the reality or not of happiness that we allegedly think compulsive clothes buying could procure?

Kristy Powell, a pretty blonde thirty years old blonde girl, decides one day that she will wear the same dress for 1 year. In protest. To protest against the reflection image of clothes, which is often not representative of who you really are.


On the blog, she recounts her ups and downs, her questions, her moods.

There you go. It's over, since 20 August 2012. It seems both relieved but nostalgic ... For me, what emerges from this experience is, "What do we really need in reality?" "What is enough for my happiness?" "What is essential?"

There, it is our job, to of all of us. Even if it is a great help, I do not completely agree with the imposed lists, such as Dominique Loreau does. I could never be content with so little, because yes, I am a girl, because yes, I love getting beautiful. Dominique Loreau is a follower of thou 7: 7 shirts, 7 trousers or skirts, 7 pairs of shoes, 7 outdoor outfits. Personally, I'd settle twice, which go back to: the number 7 for the winter and the same for the summer! (ok well, if you live in California you can stay on the first list!) Ahhh! here it goes! Yes, because when I wonder what is essential for me, clothes arrive on my podium with the bronze medal, so I'm forgiving!
I do not have them photographed, but I'm sort of, I took each of them and honestly wondered, "Do i really wear it often?" Easy ... if it is so, remain on the hanger, if not: bye bye!



One could also mention "The Parisian" from Ines de la Fressange for the chic classic course, but the rest of the book is reserved for her favorite shopping stores in Paris, I do not allow myself to advise you to purchase it (also expensive!)



Aemi.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire